Aerospace, Defense, and Government Services
Throughout the world aerospace, defense, and government services companies face the same challenges: shrinking defense budgets, highly specialized transaction and financing needs, increasingly complex procurement systems and regulations, rapid global expansion and contentious private and government disputes and investigations. Our clients demand experienced, comprehensive and cost effective support from lawyers who know their business.
And that's what Hogan Lovells provides.
Our interdisciplinary practice brings together lawyers with the corporate, commercial and regulatory experience to assist our clients in capitalizing on opportunities and avoiding pitfalls. With over 200 dedicated lawyers in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East, we know how M&A, finance and commercial transactions are completed in this industry, we know how to guide you through procurement and regulatory minefields as well as how to protect your interests effectively in disputes and government investigations. Our industry focus allows us to fully understand your business and the challenges you face and to provide advice consistent with achieving your business goals.
Our clients include some of the largest and most established aerospace, defense, and government services companies in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East, dozens of middle market businesses, emerging companies, new ventures and investment banks and private equity firms active in the industry. In the past few years alone, we have worked on more than 100 announced mergers and acquisitions transactions in the sector, with a total value exceeding US$15 billion, many of which involved complex cross-border structuring and regulatory issues.
We have been honored by clients worldwide to handle matters involving every part of this industry, including:
- Business transactions, such as:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Public Private Partnerships and Financing Structures
- Equity and Debt Financings
- Infrastructure and Project Finance
- Teaming Agreements
- Satellite Procurement and Launch Agreements
- Industrialization and Commercial Development
- IP Prosecution, Licensing and Exploitation
- Technology Transfer and IP Asset Management
- Offset Investments
- Procurement and regulatory matters, such as:
- U.S. Procurement Law (FAR, DFAR, NASA, CAS and other regulations)
- New EU Defense Procurement Directive
- Bid Protests in the U.S. and Europe
- Data Rights Protection
- U.S., European and UN Export Controls and Sanctions (e.g., ITAR, EAR, OFAC, SDN)
- CFIUS, MOD and other European Restrictions on Foreign Investment
- U.S. and European Security Regulations (NISPOM, DSS, SSAs, Proxy Companies)
- Government Offsets
- Satellite Regulations in the US, Europe, Asia and the Middle East
- Legislative and Government Relations Strategies in Washington, London, Brussels and Strasbourg
- U.S. FCPA, U.K. Bribery Act and OECD rules
- Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Boycott Regulations
- Global Antitrust and Competition Matters
- Disputes and Investigations, such as:
- Government Contract and Procurement Disputes (including boards of contract appeals)
- Commercial Disputes (including among contractors and between prime and subcontractors)
- Arbitration throughout the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America
- Civil Litigation throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America
- Government Investigations (including alleged fraud, bribery and export control violations)
Clients say that this comparatively compact group offers excellent value for money.